YouTube Cards: Generate leads in YouTube is possible
Audiovisual content is becoming increasingly important to users, which companies must take into account when designing their marketing strategy. Fortunately, the most popular video platform that exists and YouTube Cards have a great potential to generate engagement.
In this article we will see how to leverage this awareness to capture leads on YouTube. Will you join me?
Getting ready before you generate leads on YouTube
The tune-up of your channel:first step
Just as if it were opening a new store or launching some new service from your company, the refurbishment of your YouTube channel is a necessary step.
Imagine how you want that first impression to be of users who haven’t heard of you before, think of how the channel is imagined by regular business customers or their followers on other networks.
Optimizing your channel to have it all ready to receive your viewers is a time-consuming task and you will have to consider a number of factors, such as:
- Channel name.
- Profile and header image.
- Video featured.
- International channels.
- Link to other social networks
In addition to these points, you should include a description in the “about” section.It’s a very good opportunity to redirect traffic to your website because, yes, SEO here also counts.On YouTube the keywords are important, both on the page and in the video itself.But there is still another aspect that surpasses key words in relevance.It’s about engagement, the variable that determines YouTube’s SEO success.When you optimize your channel, it’s crucial to work, both on-Page SEO and In-Video SEO
Understanding the YouTube algorithm
Algorithms are not an exclusive domain of Google or data scientists.YouTube also has its own algorithm (which you can find detailed here).If your next goal is to generate leads on YouTube, you need to understand what it is, which can be summarized in:
- Videos are classified according to a variety of factors.
- Some of them are the suitability of the title, the completeness of the description or the correspondence between the audiovisual content offered and the user’s search criteria.
- YouTube also looks at the videos that have generated the most engagement, paying attention to whether it was easy for users to come up with them.
Let’s not forget that YouTube is part of Google.In fact, it uses Google Trends and Keyword Planner to work.This gives you one more clue to optimize your channel:investigate Google’s trends as part of your YouTube keyword search and you’ll get a piece of the way.
In any case, it may be a good idea to find a few minutes of time to read this article (it’s one of the most comprehensive) about the SEO on YouTube.The recommended post discusses all necessary steps in organic video work on YouTube.
Defining strategic objectives
Yes, before you can start creating leads on YouTube, there’s a lot to learn, but you’re a step closer to getting there.
Surely you’re already clear what you want to achieve exactly from this social network, so what you can do is define what results you want with your video being posted on this channel, to focus all resources on your goal:
- Do you want to boost subscriptions to your channel?
- Do you want to increase the conversion rate to log through content download?
- Are you interested in provoking the redirect to a ticket selling site?
- Would you like the video to be the precursor to a commercial call?
YouTube Cards: your leads generation partners
What are YouTube Cards?
YouTube Cards Types
- Channel cards. They allow you to link them to the channel you wish to highlight for your viewers. For example, you can use a card to thank a channel that contributed to your video. You can also use a channel card to recommend another channel to viewers.
- Donation cards. Their goal is crowdfunding, which allows you to promote this form of crowdfunding.
Link Cards. Through this type of YouTube Cards you can create a link to associated websites, crowdfunding or merchandising sites.
- Survey Cards. They allow you to interact with viewers through a poll that allows them to vote for different options.
- Playlist or video cards. It is very easy to link to another YouTube playlist or public video that viewers might be interested in. You can also link them to a specific moment in a video.
How YouTube Cards Work
Once the cards are set, a small rectangle or teaser appears in the upper right corner of the video so that your fans can see a preview or a teaser of the message.
If viewers touch or click on it, the card linked to the video will appear on the right side of your video (or below the player if they use a mobile that is upright).
Cards are very effective when combined with screened call to action or relevant to video content.
For example, if you mention a video or product, it is ideal to add a card at that very moment. They’re very useful because they allow the viewer to click if they want to, and if they don’t, they just disappear.
Two important aspects must be taken into account:
- You can include up to five cards per video.
- There may be cases where YouTube Cards are not shown; for example, if your video has a Content ID claim and the content owner has configured a campaign.
How to add YouTube Cards step by step
If you want YouTube Cards to add links to your landing pages, and so generate leads, before you start, you have to consider two aspects:
1. Your channel must be part of the YouTube Partner Program. To do so, you must meet the following requirements:
- Access to YouTube.
- On the top right, click on your profile picture > YouTube Studio.
- On the left menu, click Monetization.
- If you still don’t reach the required threshold, click Notify Me When I’m Eligible to Receive E-mail When You Have 1,000 Subscribers and 4,000 Replay Hours in the Last 12 Months. Otherwise, click Start on the “See Partner Program Conditions” card.
- When you accept them, we will mark this step as “Ready” in green on the card.
Have more than 4000 hours of public reproduction valid in the last 12 months
Have more than 1,000 subscribers
Have a linked Ad Sense account
- On the “Sign up for Google AdSense” card, click Start.
- If you have an AdSense account, use the one already approved. You can link all channels you want to the same AdSense account.
- If you do not have an AdSense account, follow the on-screen instructions to create one.
- Once you have connected to your AdSense account, we will mark this step as “Ready” in green on the “Sign up on Google AdSense” card.
- Access YouTube Studio.
- On the left menu, select “Settings” > “Channel” > “Advanced Settings”.
- Under “Other Channel Settings”, select “Advanced Channel Settings”.
- In the “Associated Website” section, place the URL of your website and click “Add”.It will appear as “Pending,” unless you have checked it before.
- In the URL box, click “Check” if you are the owner of the website, or “Request Approval” if you need to request approval from the owner of the website (in this case, a notification will be sent to the owner of the website).
- After selecting “Verify”, you will be redirected to Google Search Console.Access the same Google Account information you use on your YouTube channel.If you are not sure which account you should use, you can check the details on YouTube.
- Selects a method to verify the property.
- Follow the instructions for adding a site to Search Console.You may be asked to choose a verification method.The site will go through a verification process after you add it to Search Console.
Once verification is complete, the status of the website will change from “slope” to “correct” in the Advanced Channel Settings and you can follow the steps below to add a card that takes viewers to any page on that website.
Once you get to this point, setting up YouTube Cards is a piece of cake. Follow these 7 simple steps:
- Access YouTube Studio.
- On the left menu, select “Videos”.
- Click on the video you want to edit.
- Click on the “Cards” box.
- Select “Add Card”. Select “Create” next to the card type you want to add.
Customize the card and click “Create Card”.
You can set the start time of the card below the video.
Changes are automatically saved.
And finally, don’t forget to measure your success. See YouTube Analytics for the performance of YouTube Cards and possible optimizations.
End screens multiply your chances of success with YouTube Cards
The final screen is a very effective tool that allows viewers to direct to the next content at the end of their videos and take them to other videos, playlists or YouTube channels; to invite them to subscribe to your channel; and to promote your websites, merchandising products, and crowdfunding campaigns. Thanks to the End Screens you can extend the viewing time of your channel. This is a very important advantage if you want to generate leads with YouTube.
You can add the final screen in the last 5-20 seconds of the videos and it will appear on computers and mobile phones.
YouTube’s End Screens Best Use Guidelines
Remember to leave enough space at the end of your videos to put the final screen items.
Card teasers and watermarks with branding disappear when the final screen is displayed. Therefore, do not use these items during the final screen if you use one in the video.
Note the fact that you can add a frame that coexists with the elements on the screen at the end of the video. This can be, for example, a black background with your brand logo on the right.